Caring For Your Kinfolk Soap
We want your soap to last as long as possible. Here are some tips to help you get the most from your Kinfolk Soap.
- When you receive your soap unwrap them and stand them somewhere airy and dry. The longer our soaps are left to dry the harder they become and the longer they will last. Unlike our natural soaps, commercial soaps contain chemical hardeners and foaming agents to make them last longer. Unfortunately, these chemicals end up on your skin and can cause irritation, dryness and reactions.
- When using your soap allow it to dry fully between uses. The best way to do this is to stand your soap vertically on a well draining soap rack. Soap racks are available for purchase on our website. Search under accessories.
- Natural soaps contain glycerine, a lovely skin nourishing by product of the saponification process. Glycerine attracts moisture and this is why, in humid weather, your soaps may begin to feel damp. It’s not a problem, just try to store them somewhere airy.Glycerine is very moisturising and most commercial soaps have had the glycerine stripped out to make them harder but this leaves your skin dry and in need of moisturiser. You will definitely feel the difference when using a glycerine containing soap.
- Buy soap in bulk and store for future use when the bars are drier and harder.
- Cut your soap into smaller pieces for use in shower or wet areas so that less soap is exposed continuously to water.